Wednesday, June 5, 2013

5 weeks Down 5 days Left!

Today marks the 5 week point in the mish, and we leave in 5 days!! Yesterday we said goodbye to the first teacher we had in class because he's getting married tomorrow, and he showed us a bunch of pictures of his mission, and it got all of us even more excited!! We leave SLC on Monday morning and get to Bucharest Tuesday afternoon.  Haha we'll be in transit for more than 24 hours. Yay. But I'm so excited to get to Romania!!!!!!!!

I'm at the point in the language where I could probably get along okay in Romania. I would sound like a complete moron, but I know enough of the grammar structure and vocab that even if I don't know how to say the exact words I want to, I can find a roundabout way to say it.

I am so in love with the atmosphere of the MTC. Never before in my life have I been able to feel this constant bombardment of the spirit that I feel here. Take that and multiply it by the awesomeness of all the Elders and Sisters in my district and zone, and you've got one super happy Elder DeGraw. If they weren't the nice and fun and awesome people they are, I can guarantee that my MTC experience would have been torture. But I have loved it here. Don't get me wrong, I am SO ready to get out and get in country. But it has been a great experience.
 
Thank you to every single person who's sent me a letter or package or email or anything. We're really busy here, and the days all blend together, so sometimes I'll forget when something came and forget if I sent you something back so I'm really sorry if I don't respond, but just know that it always makes my day whenever I get something, no matter what it is.
 
Our teacher gave us some advice before we said goodbye. It's advice that I've heard many times before, but never really took as much to heart as I did here. He said "No regrets." I need to work with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength, that I may stand blameless before God at the last day. If I work my absolute best to bring others unto Christ, I can be assured that I've done my part. In 6 days I will be in Romania, and within a week I will be preaching the Good News to her people. This is my last P day in the United States, and in the MTC. I am SO excited for the experience, the rejection, the rejoicing, and the reuniting of others with their Savior. Next time I write home, it will be from the other side of the world. The nerves and the doubts and the questions are definitely there, but they can't hold a candle to my love for this Gospel and for Jesus Christ.
 
Eu stiu ca Biserica este adevarata. Si Eu stiu ca Romanii pot stiu acea. Si Eu stiu Eu pot se folosesc. Va iubesc cu tot inima mea, si Eu stiu ca Isus Hristos va iubeste. Eu ma rog pentru voi fiecare zi. Eu voi va vedea mai tirziu!!
Dragoste,
Elder DeGraw



No comments:

Post a Comment