Thursday, May 30, 2013

I got some fudge!!

Draga Familia mea,

I have less than two weeks left in the MTC. It's still surreal to wake up every morning and put on that tag. It still doesn't feel real. It feels like I'm in school still. It will probably hit me once I'm in the country, but for now It's just studying and constant spirit, which is great, but it gets to be a bit repetitive. 

I'm just so excited to get to Romania. I don't necessarily feel completely ready with the language, but I know that once I get into the country I'll have more immediate drive and need to learn the language better. One of the weird things I've noticed about being here is the fact that I honestly haven't missed technology one bit. Sure, we'll talk about shows or movies or whatever that we would like to see, but it is so easy to be entertained here with each other's company and with the gospel. We sing songs all the time, and that's really how I keep myself entertained. What I've found to be fun and helpful at the same time is translating songs into Romanian. They don't always translate very well or easily, but it helps me get used to changing words. One of my favorite ones I've done that to is Rugaciunea Copiilor. Because at least the way I've translated it, it still can stay on rhythm really well.

The spirit is so strong here. I feel like I'm constantly being bombarded by the spirit. In the best way possible. We have devotionals every Thursday and Sunday, and afterwards we have district meetings where we all bear our testimonies and i feel the spirit so strongly every time. We have continued to increase our language capacities with our investigators, and me and Elder M just got our second investigator to commit to baptism! I've started to really be able to feel and convey the spirit in my limited Romanian. The gift of tongues is real. I've been here for 4 weeks, and I can understand just about anything my teachers say. I can also say pretty much anything I need to say, although often I need to rearrange my words. But there is no reason I should be able to do that, especially considering the fact that we only really are supposed to study the language outside of class for an hour and a half. We are actually discouraged from studying the language, in favor of studying the gospel. And it works. I think I may be about at that point where I've almost learned all the basic grammar I need to know to carry on an average conversation, but to where I still need to learn all the vocab, but that will come in the country. I have a long, LONG way to go, but through the gift of tongues and the power of the spirit and the gospel, I have come further than I could through any other means in the world, and I know that I can go so much further.

I'm so sad to hear about Nana and Bapa moving, but I know that with God everything will work out. Sometimes things happen that we don't understand, but great good can come out of it. And always look on the bright side of life. It's just property. Sure, it may take a little longer to get to them, but they're still pretty close. Stay positive in the face of adversity, and blessings will follow. I promise you this. 

To all my cousins, stay in school, don't do bad things, and listen to your parents. They know a few things. ;) Thank you to Jeff & Tanya, and Nana & Bapa for the packages! And thanks to Gramz and Frank for the fudge! I got the notification of a package on Friday and couldn't pick it up until Tuesday! So I was hoping it would be something amazing and made my entire week and was definitely worth the wait. Haha it's some of the best stuff I've had in so long.

I've attached pictures with me and Anziano V (an awesome elder in our zone going to Italy) and one with me and his companion Anziano B.

Eu ştiu că Isus Hristos vă va dare binecuvântări dacă voi vom urmă exemplul sau şi aveţi credinţa în El. Eu ştiu că Isus va iubeşte. Fiecare zi mărturia mea este întărit. Eu să iubesc pe această biserică cu tot inimă mea. Vă iubesc şi vă ratez foarte mult. Voi sunteţi în rugaciunea mea. 

Dragoste,
Elder DeGraw

Me and Elder Valentine (he's going to Italy)

No comments:

Post a Comment