Monday, January 6, 2014

I'm going to Cluj!


New years was freaking awesome!! Haha so for New years we were allowed to stay up late to celebrate and stuff, so we had a great time. We ended up eating at McDonalds again, and then we went over to the sisters' apartment and played games in the stairwell, after which we went up on the roof. And then... FIREWORKS. So. Many. Fireworks.

They know how to celebrate New Years here haha. We had the perfect view too. But there were fireworks EVERYWHERE. Like everybody had fireworks, big ones, and they were all going off all at once and it was so cool and loud and awesome! Haha it's hard to explain how cool it was. Like explosions all around us, everybody yelling, things were going crazy. It was so cool! So that was fun.

Then the day after, because all the theaters were closed on the 1st, we went and watched Frozen! In Romanian! And we all understood it! Haha that's still weird to me that we could understand all of that. But it was a really good movie!


We've been doing a bit of hospital contacting lately! Wherein we go into the hospital, usually the childrens' ward during visiting hours, and sing hymns for them! It's really cool, and people are much more receptive to listen to us in this context for some reason. Last time we went we got two numbers, and one is from a family with a husband wife and 3 kids, and they seem freaking legit! The dad took a picture of us and both of them said that they will come to church, and they said it very enthusiastically and excitedly, and said with much pleasure they will come to church. A whole bunch of other people who we talked to there said they'd come to church as well. So I have faith in hospital contacting haha!


Other than that, it's been pretty slow as usual. Although we've gotten some potentials recently, which is super cool.


BUT!


Transfers!


I'm leaving Craiova and I'm going to Cluj! I'm going to be with Elder C! He's one transfer younger than me, and he's got a reputation of being really awesome! I've met him a few times too and I've always thought he was a cool guy. So I'm really excited. And Cluj is one of the biggest branches out here, so it'll be quite a difference from here in Craiova, which has 2 members. Haha my mission so far will have gone from Biggest to Smallest back to one of the biggest again. I'm really excited and me and Elder C are going to work really hard and have a lot of fun! I'm stoked.


So that's basically what's going on! I hope you guys had a great New Years! Things are still going on out here, and I'm still doing my best! It's hard out here but it's the best mission ever!


Love you all!

-Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment