Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hello from the MTC! My first week has gone great! The second day was the longest day of my life, but since it has been going pretty good. Elder Jon Harper is my roommate, and so is the first elder ever to serve in Romania who was from Australia! My companion is named Elder M, and he's a great guy. There are 13 of us going to Romania, 11 Elders and 2 Sisters, and every single one of them are really cool. From day one, our teacher has basically only spoke Romanian. It was really hard to understand at first, but I think we've all picked it up really fast! I can now understand around half of what he's saying, usually more! On the third day, we began teaching our mock investigator Georgei. In only Romanian. Yeah. It was rough. But we've been progressing really fast, and yesterday me and Elder M committed him to baptism! Suntem primul botez noastre! And what's the deal familia? I got one letter! Where's the love? ;) No but really haha all the other elders are getting letters and packages like every day! There's a website called dearelder.com where you can send me letters and packages the same day! Like two other Elders have gotten drawings from their young siblings or nephews or nieces, and two have gotten these goliath boxes of food and stuff. I'm still stoked to get out there in the field! Everything I've heard about my mission from those who have been there has been super positive. My teachers are fantastic. Tell the family I look forward to letters and emails from every one of them! Eu stiu ca Isus Hristos traiste, si Biserica lui Isus Hristos este adevarat. La revedere, Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment