Monday, July 29, 2013

Elder E's Transfer of Awesomeness

Greetings from the odd smell capital of the world!

My second transfer has so far been one of the best weeks of my mission. Haha just because my new companion is pretty much the best guy ever. Elder E just came back to Romania after being home for three months because of surgery on his shoulder. He had been dying to come back, and now he's back home! Haha but he's seriously one of the funniest guys ever. And ridiculously smart. He knows the bible inside and out. He can find pretty much any scripture he needs and have the reference memorized. And he has/had similar interests as me so we get along great.

This last week has been great! Transfers was fantastic, got to see all but one of my MTC pals, met my new companion, said my fond farewells to my former, it was an interesting day. Oh and really cool news! I got to Nas (pronounced Nosh)! Meaning I got to be a "godfather" to an incoming missionary!

It was super cool. And also pretty surreal knowing that I'm not among the youngest in the mission anymore. We took the new boboci (our word for greenie, which means basically baby ducks) out and contacted at Herastrau park, took them for some Shaorma, and took them home.

Oh and there's a sort of tradition here where Nases will give their godsons ties. I found a really cool one in a piata for 10 Lei (that's like $3). I got complemented on the tie I gave him for days after. Just call me the king of the Nas tie.

Our district this transfer is full of some straight up amazing elders and sisters. Also they are all really funny. I'm excited for this transfer.

Sorry I'm kind of short on time today but I am doing well, still progressing with the language and learning more new things every day. I love you all, miss you all, and am loving Romania!
Love,
Elder DeGraw
Rainbow over Bucharest

New Companion - Elder McAwesome

No comments:

Post a Comment