Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm leaving Transylvania!!!


Okay so we've been freaking out lately. Me and Elder Cr are getting whitewashed out!!! Elder Cr is going to Brasov and I'm going to Arad to be the District Leader with Elder Co as my companion! I've met him before a few times and I'm excited to be serving with him. He's a bit like Elder Cr so I know I'll really enjoy next transfer.

The district is going to be super cool as well. We have the ZLs in our district and they are both from the same MTC group and both are super cool and fun guys. One of them was one of my godfathers! And I've never met either of the sisters, but they are both going into their 3rd transfer and I've heard they are both super fun. So even though it'll be hard to compete with this transfer, I'm sure I'm going to love Arad and my new district. Haha this was seriously my favorite transfer ever.

Me and Elder Cr are pretty sad that we are both leaving. Cluj was freaking amazing and me and him both thought we were going to stay another one together so when we looked at the transfer board we kind of freaked out a little bit. We were screaming and jumping around like "I'M OUT!! WAIT YOU'RE OUT TOO!!! AHH!" We were so surprised. And not only are we both out, two other people from our district are leaving. So only two people out of the 6 who were here this transfer will be here next transfer. We were a really close district and got a lot done and had a lot of good things happen so it's really sad that we're all leaving haha.
 
We also had my best session of english classes ever in this transfer. Me and Elder Cr taught the advanced class and only had 2 students, but they were both super cool and participated and we had great classes. One of our students, who's been coming to english classes for a while, said that we were his favorite teachers since he's started coming, because we made the classes fun. The sisters who taught the beginner class had more than 50 people at pretty much every class. The other Elders had like 15-20 people at every class.

Every spiritual thought was just golden and they all went super well and we gave out so many Book of Mormons and a lot of lessons came out of it. The last spiritual thought went super well. We sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again and read the scriptures associated with it. People were crying, one of the older ladies that's come for a while starting singing with us at the end, it was super emotional. Some of the sisters' students bought us all pizza and just gave it to us to eat, as well as some candy bars, everybody was super sad to see us all go, and some of the goodbyes were really hard.
 
Then don't even get me started with saying goodbyes to the members. This branch has so many really cool members and we became good friends with a lot of them and even after just 6 weeks it was pretty hard to say goodbye to them.

The worst one for me was with Fratele Salvatore, a member from Italy, who is the Elders quorum president and we had become good friends because he's awesome. Anyway I was talking with somebody and he came up behind me and gave me a kind of behind the back bro-hug and asked what was happening with the district for transfers. I told him that I was leaving and he was just like "Wait you're leaving?! But you just got here! You can't leave!" It was awful.

Then I was talking with the Branch President who is pretty much one of the coolest guysout here and asked if I was leaving and I told him, and he reacted similarly like "You just got here! I wish you could have stayed longer. But it's okay I know you have treaba..." (meaning like I know you've got stuff to do) Then there were all the little kids in the branch that always reminded me of home and of the cousins and church in America. I'm really going to miss this branch.
 
I hope everyone's doing well back home, and had a happy Least-Applicable-Holiday-for-Missionaries-Ever day!!

I love you all and miss you all but I know I'm where I'm supposed to be and I'm so grateful that I can be out here serving the Lord.
 
 
Have a fantastic week!!
Love,
-Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment