Monday, March 3, 2014

It was really cold but now it's getting warm!


Yo! Everything's still doing pretty great here! Other than an awful haircut, this week went pretty well! The weather has been getting warmer so it's been better being outside for longer. We've been doing a bit of guitar contacting lately as a district which has been going really well!





Our English classes have been really awesome lately, specifically the spiritual thoughts. They've all kind of flowed together really well and been very powerful. We've given away a lot of Book of Mormons and the other classes have gotten a few good lessons/investigators out of it.

We've only had 2 students in our advanced class but the classes have been going well and one of our students who has been coming for a long time told us that our classes have been his favorite. So we're pretty happy about that.






Me and Elder C were able to give blessings this week, both to members. I gave a blessing in English to a less active member and one in Romanian for her son, and Elder C gave her daughter a blessing, as well as last night we were called over to an active couple's house to give a blessing of healing. Elder C annointed and I gave the blessing. So in the course of a week I gave my first 2 blessings in Romanian. I wasn't really nervous to give them, but I was a little worried that I would mess up words or something. But I gave the blessing of healing, and messed up actually a lot of words, but the spirit was still there and strong and it was a good blessing regardless. Giving blessings is a very sacred privilege and every time I give a blessing I feel really honored and really rely on God to help me say the right words.






Oh I also got my books leather bound! It was really cheap and they're super good looking. Now whenever I read the Book of Mormon in Romanian I'll do it in style ;)






Haha so lately it's been pretty cold, and snowy. But the last couple of days have been really good weather. It's been in the 40s lately! I've barely even needed to wear a sweater! Honestly today with the sun and the temperature, I'd feel fine in just a shirt! I'm loving it! The sun's also out for more of the day, so the days feel longer too. I can't wait for summer to come! It's already starting to feel like spring! When the days are longer and brighter I just feel better and feel like more is getting done haha.






But yeah still loving Cluj! I hope everyone is doing well, I love you all!

 
-Elder DeGraw



No comments:

Post a Comment