Monday, March 3, 2014

Hello


Hello

I'm in Arad right now.
 
I just want to start by giving my condolances to the family and expressing how Frank will be dearly missed. He was a great man and brought much joy into the family. My prayers are with all back home.

I'm doing well out here. I feel like I'm doing pretty okay as a District Leader. Haha it's kind of a weird situation because I'm one of 2 new people in a 6 man district, and they're all already really good friends, and I'm supposed to be the leader of all of them. Kind of. Haha I mean they're all really cool people and I'm stoked to be in this district but it's still an interesting situation. It's still the beginning of the transfer though so I'm sure we'll all get closer as time goes on. We have the ZLs in our district, both of which are some of the coolest people out here, and we also have some of the coolest sisters out here in the district. So everyone's super cool I just am still kind of in that "newcomer" mode. But it's still super fun.

So this last weekend we had District Conference (i.e. Stake conference when you only have branches) in Oradea and it was really cool! There was an area 70 there from Germany and he gave a really good talk, haha unlike the last district conference I was at where the temple president said a lot of things that got people upset, namely saying things about Romania that either weren't true or he just assumed things without knowing what it's actually like here.

But this guy didn't do that haha. He was really good and he actually talked a little bit about how to not stress about things that aren't in your control, and to leave your trust in God. Oh also little point to mention about district conference was that I had to sit backwards the whole time haha. Also with my back to a wall. So I really couldn't see anything the entire time. But the talks were all really good.

Me and Elder C are doing really well together and I think we've only got upwards to go! That's pretty much it for this week! Not too much going on!
 
Once again just want to say that you are all in my prayers, especially in this time of loss. That is one of the best things the gospel offers us, is the knowledge that we can be with our loved ones again.
 
I love you all and remember that Jesus loves you too!!
 
Love,
 
Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment