Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It's really hot near the beach


It's been getting really hot lately. It's even better when there's like no AC in places where there should be AC. Like right now, for example, I'm in a little internet cafe. I Look up, and there are a whole bunch of big tubes and vents and things that look like AC. And yet they are not on. It's about 80 degrees in here I think right now. No reason why. Gotta love Romania!


Things are going great in Constanta! The branch is so freaking cool. The BP knows what he's doing. He served on a mission, speaks perfect english, and is super motivated and knowledgeable about missionary work and it's so great to see.


This last week was pretty cool! Yesterday at church there was a member and his nonmember friend who came, both from africa, who don't speak Romanian,so I translated for them. It's been a while since I translated in any real capacity so it was a little rough at first but by the end it was great! I needed some more practice at that haha!


Oh! We had a lesson this week with a guitarist. We had a little jam session beforehand:) Well, more of him showing me cool things he can do and me being like "Oh wow that's cool." I think I've realized that with guitar I'm kind of a one man show haha. But anyway he was really good. Oh and did I mention he only has one hand? Yeah he's only got one actual hand. Birth defect left his right hand reduced to nothing but two small deformed fingers. He uses one of them as a pick. He plays flamenco style guitar, and would be really good even if he had two full hands. But yeah. I've had two lessons with him and they've both gone pretty well! He's got a rather interesting past, involving "black magic" and spiritualism and stuff like that, and he still is the kind of guy that claims to see auras and I think he even runs his own spiritual therapy thing. But he's really nice and sincere and he's thinking about baptism. It's at least crossed his mind, anyway. In our last lesson we committed him to pray to know if that's what God wants him to do.


In other happy news, Romania is finally getting some of the most important things that they've been missing! A few weeks ago big stores started carrying Reese's and I almost fainted when I saw them and I may or may not have cried when I tasted them. I have bought many of them. Hershey's in general is now invading Romania. They say that once you try European chocolate you never want to go back. Not true. At least not in Romania. For me. The chocolate here is amazing don't get me wrong, but the American stuff is just as good as ever. Then this past week, McDonalds started having Oreo McFlurries!! They didn't have them before! But they do now! Now if they could just get some decent peanut butter I'd be set for life!

 

Haha so not too much happened out of the ordinary! Just some contacting, trying to bring people unto Christ, although so far I've been having more success here than elsewhere!


I love Constanta!!

 

And I love you!

 

-Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment