Sunday, August 10, 2014

:(


I'm leaving Constanta!! I haven't stayed in a city for more than 2 transfers since my first city. This means I will also have served in 6 cities! The city I'm going to now is called PloieÈ™ti. It's got a big branch and is one of the few branches in Romania that actually has a dedicated chapel! So I'll have an actual church again! So that will be nice.

I'll also be the district leader again, and my new companion is going into his second transfer, so I'll be finishing up his training. I'm really sad to be leaving Constanta. I love the branch here so much. I've met so many cool people here. This was easily one of my favorite branches. I hope I can come back here some day.
But yeah that's the main thing to report!

We had a lesson with Gabi again this week, and he's officially progressing! We watched a Mormon message subtitled in romanian, "mountains to move." He really liked it. 

The transfer board was really interesting this time, because there were 13 new elders coming in, as well as last transfer there were quite a few, so this next transfer just about everyone is training. Also the new AP is a Russian-speaking Moldovan elder, which has never happened before. Oh and Elder H is in the office now! Which really was a surprise because we all thought he was going to be the AP! But yeah.
So that's about what's been happening!

Oh also yesterday President I called me and basically gave me the biggest "no pressure!" moment of my mission. He just called and was like hey so Ploiesti is a really cool branch, one with some of the most potential so do a lot of work and I'm expecting big things from you no pressure!

It seems kind of like his strategy is to make everyone think that their job is the most important job there is, because I've heard he's said that to some other people as well. It's working for me though because I'm freaking ready to go! I'm determined to go be the best thing ever haha.

Also the other day I stumbled on to a litter of adorable street puppies!

Inline image 1


Inline image 2
Anyway yeah that's about it! 

Love you all have a great week!
 
-Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment