Monday, September 1, 2014

Ploiesti is not that bad!


So yeah I'm in Ploiești (pronounced Ployesht) right now! It's pretty nice! It has the reputation for the ugliest city in the mission, but it's honestly not that bad haha. It feels just like București to me.

The branch is super cool and really big, and we actually have a dedicated chapel! Which I haven't had since București! I can already tell that the work here is going to go a lot more than in my previous cities. I don't quite know why, but I've seen more happen already, and just I can tell that I'm going to be a lot more busy than in the past. Which is good.

And let me just say my new companion is awesome. I'm technically his step-dad according to mission tradition (his second-transfer trainer) but I'm accepting him as my own son. We get along great and I feel like we have pretty similar personalities and stuff so we've been having a lot of fun.

There's also a new missionary in the district and he's super cool as well. It's crazy to see the difference in a new missionary compared to where I am now, and to think that I was once there, and that I've come as far as I have in as many ways as I have.


Being a DL is a little different this time around with the new mission president. He's putting a lot more responsibility on the "leaders" of the mission, so I've had quite a bit more to do this time around. But it's not like bad or stressful things, just more.


This transfer is going to be really fun. And we're going to get a lot done. I'm excited. Love you all!


- Elder DeGraw

 



We found this misplaced street light if anybody wants one

 Inline image 2






Me and Elder K got Shirley Temples because we're classy gentlemen.
Inline image 1


No comments:

Post a Comment