Sunday, October 19, 2014

Transfer info! And a freaking cool hike


I think it's safe to say that this was the weirdest transfer board I've seen on my mission!

They changed the zones! I'm staying in Ploiesti, and will be serving with Elder B! He's a really cool guy, also a musician, and I'm really excited to serve with him. And like I said they changed the Zones, so now my Zone is completely different, and I'm a Zone Leader here! Which is weird because for my whole mission the Zone Leaders have been in the same cities, meaning for here the ZLs were in Buc. So safe to say a big surprise. But it'll be fun and I'm really excited for next transfer.

There will also be a mini sister missionary in the district, who is a member from Constanta, so I know her already and she's really cool! So it'll be a really cool district!

Well this last week, we went on a super cool hike in a place called Sinaia! And I finally saw a castle! This castle is called Peles (pelesh).

Inline image 3
Yeah I took that picture.

But yeah the hike was super fun. Me and two other missionaries decided to go the fun way up the mountain, and by that I mean basically straight up :) My legs were pretty sore the day after, but it was so worth it. It was really fun. There were parts where we were literally climbing. It sucked though because I was basically the only one with  a camera, and once we were already there I realized that my battery was about dead. So I didn't get too many pictures.

But here's one of me at the top of the mountain:
 
Inline image 1
So that was pretty fun.

There's another mountain literally the next town over, as in we could see it when we were in Sinaia, that has a huge cross on a mountain, that actually holds the world record for the highest free standing cross!

I got a picture of it from far away:
Inline image 4
 but the town is called Busteni, and the cross is called Crucea de pe Caraiman.

We have a really cool investigator who told us about it and we might go in a week or two. I hope we can! Because it would be ridiculously cool.

But yeah other than that, we've just been doing the same old. Didn't get too much this week but had a few lessons.

Fun fact, this transfer was the best of my mission lesson-wise; I had 20 lessons this transfer! For some missions that's probably like a bad week, but seriously I've never had so many lessons. Now, many of those were active and less active members, but a good chunk of that was still investigators.

Ploiesti is a really great city and I'm really glad I get to stay here longer. 

I hope everyone has a great week!!

Love,
Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment