Sunday, December 14, 2014

I was just in America. Also transfers.



So today was pretty cool we just got to go sing at the US Embassy, which technically is US soil. They also had American foods and drinks like rootbeer, cream soda, dr. pepper, snapple, and a few other things. I was so happy. The embassy building was literally the nicest building I've seen on my entire mission. I honestly felt like I was in America. The concert was also really fun.

Me and Elder B and a sister missionary played an arrangement of Amazing Grace mixed with Peace Like a River that was arranged by Elder C from my group, it's super cool and really fun to sing. I'm also going to be playing something with Elder B next week at the concert in Bucuresti, and then the saturday after that, we're going to have a Zone Conference/ missionary Christmas party/ member and missionary christmas concert. It's going to be a busy day.

Thankfully I don't have to do that much with the Zone conference or Christmas party, but I'm organizing just about all of the concert part, with help from the branch who will be involved quite a bit. But it will be really fun. Me and Elder B have been working on it for quite some time now, but now he will not be as directly involved in the planning (although still playing for it), because he's an AP now.

Haha he was so upset that he was leaving Ploiesti! We both really wanted to stay. And although I'm sorry for him that he's leaving, I'm really, REALLY happy that I'm staying in Ploiesti for Christmas.

Christmas is going to be so great. I love the people here so much. My new companion is Elder S. He's one transfer younger than me and I was his NaČ™ (godfather) on his first night which just means I basically had an exchange with him on his first day. So it'll be fun to serve with him.

So yup there you go. Have a great week!


Love,
-Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment