Monday, January 19, 2015

Romanian Megastars at church


Howdy doody. Well, as you know we sang at the embassy last monday, which was fun. Then last Saturday we had a Christmas concert at the church in Bucuresti. We had a special guest. There is a super famous Romanian singer/model named Antonia I. Her family joined the church when she was very young and then moved to Utah. She later stopped coming to church for whatever reason. But her father at least is still active, and she still considers herself a member I think. Anyways, she came and sang at the Christmas concert! She also brought her boyfriend, Alex Valea, who is also a huge celebrity here!

It was really cool. It was kind of interesting to play in front of celebrities for some reason. It's been a long time since I've had those pre-performance butterflies but for some reason when they walked into the room I suddenly felt like I forgot how to play guitar. But it went well and it was really fun.

Then we have zone conference and our concert here in Ploiesti this next Saturday, so we're excited for that.


Also, I got so many packages recently! I got the ones from Grandma and Grandpa DeGraw, and from Gramz! Thank you so so so SO SO much!

I also got one from the ward with a big poster signed by who I'm assuming are mostly the primary and some other families. My favorite note  just says "You are impotint". It made me so happy! And Gramz the peanut butter fudge is amazing!!!! Could you send me the recipe for that? My companion is basically begging me to get it so he can make it too haha.

Oh also Grandpa thank you so much for the check but they don't really use those here... I don't think I can cash it. But thank you so much for that and the rest of the package!


I'm going to get so chunky this month with all the candy I have now haha!!


Other than all that stuff, I'm super stoked for this transfer. Me and Elder S get along really well, and we have similar ideas about missionary work and stuff. We've decided we're going to have a sort of ZL renaissance. As in, ZLs now are a lot different from how they were when we were young. And we don't like it because we feel like we do nothing as ZLs. So we're going back to the old ways; lead by example and help motivate others. It's going to be a great transfer I can feel it. Thanks for everything everybody!! I love you all and wish you all a merry merry Christmas!


Remember Christ! He is the Gift!!!

 

Love,

Elder DeGraw

 

 Inline image 1

Apartment all Christmas'd out.



Inline image 2 

Great burger from a newish place in Buc.

No comments:

Post a Comment