Monday, August 12, 2013

2 Months down in Romania!

Buna Ziua from statistically the third saddest country in the world!

So yesterday marks 2 months of me being in this country. So that's weird. It still feels like yesterday we were hopping on the bus from the MTC to the airport. This whole transfer has gone by like a week did in the MTC, which at that point felt like nothing. I'm already almost halfway done with my second transfer. Time's weird, man.
 
So last week was pretty cool. Last P-Day we went paintballing!! It was so fun. Haha but on the way there the taxi driver played literally the filthiest song I've ever heard in my life. We had to have him turn it off. Haha the Romanian rap out here is really cool, we hear it all the time in stores and taxis and stuff, and it's usually always really appropriate and clean, at least from what I've heard. But the American music they play is just ridiculous. 
 
Anyway. Paintball. It was awesome. Oh and on wednesday we went and performed a puppet show at an elementary school. There were two shows, one about hygiene and one about smoking. They both went over great! Afterwards I saw the kids playing games and acting out things like trying to kill the evil germs and stuff. It was super cool.
 
And I've found myself not hating contacting as much. We do a lot of contacting out here, because we don't get a lot of lessons because nobody likes to talk to us. And last transfer I detested it. We'd leave in the morning, contact for a few hours, come back & eat, contact for a few more hours, come home and eat, and that would be our day. We have been able this transfer to figure out better ways to do it. We have district contacting a lot, and some other things. But the biggest part of it is just that now I've figured out a way to contact that is so much easier than what I did all of last transfer, and I've found myself wanting to get better, pushing myself to talk to that one more person, and almost, even... kind of... enjoying it! It would still be a stretch to say I like contacting. But it's now gotten to the point that I can do it with confidence and I'm starting to be less picky about who I feel comfortable talking to. 
 
Last week I had another experience like the week before with silent prayer and a guy coming up and talking to us, and I got his number, and it was a super legit contact! And I did almost all of it! I keep feeling my contacting walls coming down and it makes me so excited to be able to just talk to everyone.
 
So, I'm in the process of writing/sending some physical letters. I have some people who've written to me that I need to write back to and it's about time I sent my family something. But I'm still trying to figure out how it all works out here. So it might take a little while. But just so you know, I'm working on it!
 
I love you all, and I'm loving it out here!
I'll talk to you next week.

Love,
  Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment