Monday, August 26, 2013

Is this what it's like in South America??

Hello from the țară of a million smells! I am in my last week of my second transfer! It's ridiculous how fast this transfer has gone. We just did mission reports wherein we said how we're doing and like what we want out of next transfer. I swear we just did that like two days ago!

Haha I'm probably going to be like that for my whole mission; like marveling at how long I've been here. It's nuts.

So some cool things happened this last week! Remember that really cool guy who contacted me last week? Yeah we met with him every day and he's like the coolest guy ever! His name is Nick. He's just awesome. He met missionaries in England and they recommended him to talk to us. He says he loves a lot of things about our church and he feels good when he reads, prays, and came to sacrament meeting! He loves the social aspect of the church out here.  So we'll see how he goes!

Also we have another investigator who accepted a baptismal date but because he's very understandably concerned about his physical welfare, as he's unemployed and doesn't know if he will live to that date. But he's basically ready to be there.

Haha I'm wondering if this is what it's like working in an area where the church is well established! We had a lesson almost every day and that's VERY rare out here. We didn't have time to go home and eat once because of a mix of how long it takes to get to our apartment (around 40 minutes) and that we were always there for lessons so we ate out for lunch every day!
 
But it's okay because we hardly spent any money on groceries because we are frugal! But haha don't worry I'm not starving! It's just that we buy the ingredients and they're super cheap so we save a lot of money! Like, I spent about half as much on groceries as I did my first transfer. We're frugal :)

Oh and I went soapboxing last week:) Yeah we went chalk contacting and me and Elder H and Elder R (ZLs) read from the pamphlets and also just soapboxed. It was super cool! We didn't really get anything out of it but it was a great experience.

Also there's a sister out here who's elementary school teacher was Grandma DeGraw! Her name is Sora Cook. Haha she told me that a few weeks ago but I just remembered. So. Yeah.
 
Anyway it's going great out here! I've seen lots of great things out here in this last week, as well as one really crazy lady. Haha but the good easily outweighs the bad.

I love and miss you all so I command you to have a fantastic week! Till I write again!

Love,
   Elder DeGraw
 
I'm a Pepper!

Sunset over Bucharest

Elder Swan

Elder Cat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment