Monday, August 19, 2013

I'm almost done with my second transfer...

Ce mai faceti from the land of adorable puppies and the cutest babies in the entire world. No. Seriously. This last week we saw like 5 puppies that I just wanted to steal and raise as my own. And don't even get me started on the babies.

So I'm more than halfway through my second transfer! And that's really weird. It still feels like I just got here yesterday, I can just speak a little better.
 
Oh some cool news, where we are they are starting a new group! Right now and for a while there have just been the two branches, and both are actually pretty close together, and also both are in the south. So, the District President decided to make a new group in the north, which will hopefully become a branch in a transfer or two. And it just so happens to be in the area I'm serving in! So if I'm still here next transfer I'll be able to help start up a new branch! How it will actually work is a lot of reactivation of inactives, as well as a few members from the existing branches will go there because they live up north. We're starting in on that this week.
 
Recently I've seen a lot of really cool things! I've been praying to become better at both contacting, and being approachable. Last night I realized as I was entering in my latest contacts into the area book, that like 5 in a row were people who contacted us! It hardly ever happened last transfer, but this transfer it's happened a lot! Just yesterday as we were walking into the metro after district contacting (where it also happened that we were contacted more than once), this young teenage guy walks up to me and tells me that his friend who lives in England told him about us and to talk to us. He had been to the church but he said it was at like 3:00 and everyone was gone by then. But he specifically told me, before I said anything, that he wanted to set up a time and meet! 
 
I don't know what it is, but people have been contacting me lately! We were on the tramvai the other day when this guy talked to us and asked if we could get him a Book of Mormon in Arabic. He came to english class the next day and we gave it to him and he read it very intently the whole class. 
 
We also have an Investigator who is really cool. I don't know what it is! But this transfer, I've been seeing more people being interested. Maybe it's just me. It's probably in large part just what I'm seeing myself. But it's really cool.
 
Last week I decided to read my patriarchal blessing and compare it with the scriptures. I can't begin to express how amazing patriarchal blessings are. I have seen in mine evidences of the truth of the gospel time and time again. It brings me comfort all the time. I went in and studied about specific topics in it, and I had one of the best study sessions I've had for a while. It brought me peace and helped me feel the spirit. It helped me to know what I need to do, what I will need help with, and most importantly, who I am. I have a very strong testimony of patriarchal blessings.
 
Me and Elder E have been doing really good money wise this transfer. Last transfer me and Elder R would EACH spend about 100-150 Lei on groceries. This transfer, it's been about 50 lei per person. We cook most of our dinners, (usually the same 3 delicious dishes) and the ingredients are so cheap, and they last us for so long, that that's all we need to spend! Haha one of the best things I've noticed about being out here is being able to experience learning how to use money without just falling flat if I'm a little short. I've learned how to cook a couple very cheap, very tasty meals, and I can tell I'll use them after my mission. It's just really great not to have to worry that much about where the money is coming from, and learn how to use it effectively.
 
Anyway, I'm doing great, loving it, and missing you all. I'll talk to you in a few!
Love,
Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment