Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Congrats Coleman! Also, I'm royalty.


California San Francisco/Oakland! Nice! You're going to be a great missionary, bro! If you want any tips not related to your specific mission, shoot me an email! And I actually do have something to ask you, but I don't have your email haha.

 

Anyway, things are going great here! And when I say great, I mean slow like usual. There was somebody new at church this week though! The sisters from Cluj talked to a guy on the train who lives near here, I called him on Saturday evening, and because we were running a little late to church, the other elders had a lesson with him and he stayed for sacrament meeting! So he's going to be the ZLs investigator. So hopefully something can happen with him!

 

Other than that, this week went pretty well, continuing to get better bit by bit. I was able to have an exchange with Elder W (one of the ZLs and also was one of my Nasi my first day) during which we worked hard and had a lot of fun. This week we also went to the funeral of a member's father. We got to talk to several less-active members there who are friends with that member and his daughter. Other than that, the week has been pretty routine. Contacting and English classes!



The classes have been going well, though I want to try to put a bigger emphasis on the spiritual thoughts. Last class only one person stayed, for various reasons. But at the one previous, we gave out about 3 copies of The Book of Mormon and they seemed to be interested, but none of those people were at class the last time so we weren't able to follow up with them. 

 

We're still trying to get better contacts. I really like the new family history contacting cards we got recently! When I first heard of family history contacting, I honestly thought it was kind of weird, but seeing it in action, it's been pretty cool! I might actually get to use that fan chart they told me to bring out here haha! Even when I decided to try to use family history contacting, I thought it would be kind of weird to show people my chart, but after having experienced contacting this way, I can see how useful it can be to actually show people what they can do! I'm really wanting to put it into more use!





Haha so I was just looking at the website that we refer people to for that, FamilySearch.com, and I found out some super cool stuff! Like that I'm related to Charlemagne! Him and by extension quite a few other royals from a long time ago! I'm also related to A Heleno de Troia, as in, Helen of Troy.... I don't know if it's THE Helen of Troy, but there are also other kings and queens of troy, such as Priamos III, also Zaberian Of Cimmerians Gaberiano, King of Troy; also of really cool old sounding places like Antenor of Cimmeria; Bernard, King of Italy; royalty from Inglaterra (i.e. REALLY old England); and Vermandois, Neustria.





I discovered that, through one line (and this is the coolest part is that it's just through one random journey through a guy on the DeGraw side), though it is mostly from England, I have roots in Italy, France, Germany, as well as Turkey, and the Crimea, which is where the riots are happenning in Ukraine. How cool is that! I highly recommend that everyone check it out.


Sorry. Anyway, I just think that's freaking cool! Today for Pday, we watched The Best 2 Years and it's so weird seeing that movie from a missionary point of view haha. The key indicators they get are literally impossible. But all that aside, it is a really good movie!

 

We find out what happens next transfer this week! I seriously can't believe this transfer's almost over already. Time goes by so freaking fast out here it's absolutely ridiculous. I think this next coming transfer is the most uncertain I've been yet about a transfer board. Every transfer up until now, I've had a general idea of what I thought would happen, but right now I have no idea.

This is the time when I could have to actually start doing things, i.e. I'm old enough and experienced enough that President could make me a ZL or something. But I'm also young enough to not necessarily need to. I could just go stay DL or even go back and just be other Elder. The point is, I have no idea what's happening. I'll let you know what happens!

 

That's about it!

Love you all!

 

-Elder DeGraw





No comments:

Post a Comment