Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I'm not changing anything!


First off,
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you!

Of course the family would go to freaking Cancun when we can't go... haha I have missed so many family vacations out here it's like it was planned... No but really maybe we'll just have to go to Cancun by ourselves when I get home ;)
 
Now, for the news about transfers! I'm staying here with Elder C! This will be my first companion I've had for more than a transfer, and I'm really glad that I get to stay with him, because he's one of my favorite companions. It was kind of funny, we were on the way to go check the new transfer board, when I got a call from Elder M, my old MTC companion, freaking out because he was going to the office (which means he will be there for when the new mission president gets in), so it seemed like the transfer board was going to be crazy. So me and Elder C started freaking out and I literally ran the last little bit to the church. It's always like this at the end of transfers, because you never know what could happen! Anyway, then we get there and see that we weren't changing anything and it was just really anticlimactic haha. But I'm glad I get to stay with Elder C, because we get along great and have no companionship issues. I'm stoked to see what next transfer holds in store!
 
Things have been going pretty average lately, meaning slow. We had an almost-experience this week though, haha! We were walking down the street, on the way to meet up with others for some district contacting, when this guy stops us to talk to us. He apparently has met with the missionaries before, and he lives near us. He then asked us to come over and help him with a "problem," which he wouldn't tell us what it was. I asked him several times what he wanted help with, but he wouldn't really say anything other than "it's something to do with my living situation," and "we'll be talking with somebody." He did make sure to say that he didn't want money, but out here it's really good to know the people's intentions, so when this happens, we're kind of wary. But anyway we agreed to go over the next day, still not quite knowing what would happen. Long story short, we went over and either he wasn't home, or we found the wrong address. But nothing happened. That was probably the most exciting thing that happened this week.
 
In other news, my suit got a huge hole in the butt area! The one that I had a ridiculous amount of tailored after I lost a whole bunch of weight and still doesn't fit me. So basically, I could get it re-tailored, and continue wearing a suit that doesn't fit (and you can only ever tailor so much while still looking good), or I could do what many missionaries do out here, which is buy a cheap (I'm talking less than half of what you'd see in your generic suit store back home), great fitting, great looking suit, and use that out here, then save the really good looking one for later. So I think I'm going to do that soon. Maybe an early birthday present from myself:)
 
Haha speaking of me losing weight, I've taken pictures of me wearing some pants that I came out here with to show how loose they are now. Also I did the same thing with my belt and the belt loop I used to wear it on, because I think that shows better contrast. I'll upload those probably later today or in the week to the Google drive. But I weighed myself at the beginning of the transfer and am officially at 140ish. That's down from 170 in the MTC. 30 pounds.

Haha combine that with the European style I see all the time out here and Nick would be so proud of me; I'm finally learning how to have style! But yeah. I've decided that when I go home I want to get started at going to the gym like right away. Because I really, REALLY want to get in shape. I've done the hardest part already; losing weight. Now I want to get my muscle tone back. So I think I want to start at like day one back home going to the gym in the morning, maybe to one of mom's early morning class things. I don't know. I just want to get good habits like that as soon as I get home. I also really want to get back into martial arts. It can be a really good work out and it also will reteach me how to fight, which is a plus! We'll see.
 
Anyway, I'm doing great, I love everyone back home and miss you all, I'm doing great and I'm stoked for next transfer!
 
Stay sweet!
 
Love,
Elder DeGraw
 

No comments:

Post a Comment