Monday, January 19, 2015

100 Days


Hey everybody!!! Hope everybody had a great New Years!!

Last year President H let us stay out for new years which was awesome but this year President I didn't want us to be out on the streets that late this year for safety reasons.

Luckily for us, we have access to our roof :) So we got to watch the fireworks from our roof and it was amazing! Here everybody lights off fireworks from everywhere around us. Like people were shooting Roman candles out of their blocks, blowing things up in the parking lots, they had those fire lanterns, it was crazy!!

New Years is the BEST in Romania. Things just explode right in your face all around you. I wish you could all see it. People are just starting to come back from their holiday vacations, so we should be able to meet with more people soon.

This new year is going to be great. We should all take this great opportunity to look within ourselves and become what we can be. To let go of the things within us that are keeping us down, our negativity, grudges or blame bottled up inside, any of our personal stumbling blocks that are keeping us down, our weaknesses and shortcomings, and change them through Christ and his atonement, which is the only thing that can. To become positive, peacemakers, to forgive others even when it's hard, to open ourselves up to acknowledge our shortcomings so that we may overtake them. Only when we fully open our hearts to the Lord and his Atonement can we be free from ourselves.

My biggest resolution for this year is to not let the actions of others affect me as much, and to forgive when I could blame and condemn others. In the past it has been sometimes all too easy to put blame on others for my bad situations. And even when I have every right to feel offence, unless I forgive and forget, I've realized that I just can't move on, and it circles around my heart and mind constantly. One of the biggest points of emphasis of our mission right now is to be positive. So that's probably my biggest non mission-specific resolution.

I was just made aware of the fact that I now have 100 days left. Mildly freaking out. But they're going to be the best 100 days of my life. I just rounded the last turn of the 2 miler and we're in for the 100 meter dash. Sprinting to the finish baby!!

We have MLC this week so that should be fun.

Well. Hope everybody has a great week!! Make this new year the best year of your life!!
 
Love you all!!
 
-Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment