Monday, January 19, 2015

It's gonna be GalaĊ£i of fun!!! But I will miss Ploiesti.


Heyoo!! We got the transfer board! Some weird things going on this transfer! But anyway, about me! I will be heading to the lovely city of GalaĊ£i (Galats). I'm going to be serving with Elder S2, who is going into his 3rd transfer. Elder S1 was actually in his district last transfer and so knows him pretty well and has a very high opinion of him. So I'm really excited for that.

As far as the branch goes, it's a lot smaller and less well functioning than Ploiesti so that will be a little different but bring it on! And I will be the DL there. Also in the district will be Elder M, who I served around in Constanta and the MTC, and Elder L, who was in my district in Cluj!! So It should be a great transfer.

Sad news though they don't have a good mall! So right when the sales start too :( So I'll probably be getting my suit and shoes this week while I can still get them on sale. So just to let you know about that!

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to all the members and it was so hard!! I've been here for 6 months and I've become great friends with everybody and it was so sad. Haha there was also one of the kids that heard I was leaving and was like "I'm going in your suitcase and you're taking me with you!" and then a couple other ones were like "me too!"

Haha and actually just a few minutes ago an english student came to the church to say goodbye to me and the other people that are leaving and said how sad she was that we are all leaving and how much she liked learning from us. I've been sad leaving branches before but this was something else. I loved this branch so much and I've made so many good friends and lifelong connections here. When I come back to Romania I will be coming here to visit.

This week I also taught 2 guitar lessons! So that was really cool. I've taught a few guitar lessons before but just to this one girl who was the sisters' investigator who kind of fell in love with me and it was creepy so it's been a while since I've done it.  These ones were great it was like a 10 year old girl who is very well behaved and learned really well, and the other one was the brother of a recent convert who me and Elder B taught before but we haven't taught him for a while but we had a guitar lesson and then an actual lesson and I told him that if he gets baptized and I'm still in the country I'm going to do my best to be there for it. I love that kid, man.

So yeah. I'm really going to miss Ploiesti! But GalaĊ£i will be great.
 
Some of the great families I will miss.
Inline image 1



Inline image 2
 
Have a great week!!
Love,
Elder DeGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment