Monday, November 10, 2014

Another week of things and stuff!

Had some lessons, which were pretty cool! We got to the nitty gritty with Vasile and he prayed in a lesson! He hasn't done that yet so we were pretty happy. So we're still working with him. He just always has great questions so our lessons are usually pretty cool. It also helps me and my testimony because he just brings up logical questions on the doctrine because he genuinely wants to understand, and we always have an answer! Guys, the church is true let me tell you what.



Also Costin finally started talking haha! He's really cool but he's been very quiet until now. Ok so he's still really quiet, but we found out that if we want him to talk, we just have to give him a chance to make fun of his sister (recent convert of a few weeks, wants to go on a mission now too!)! Haha they are such siblings. They hate each other so much, but it's all from a point of love and they really do love each other. It's so funny to see.

Haha right after she gets baptized, one of the first things she does is bring her brother to the missionaries! I love it! I don't think in my life I've met someone more prepared to receive the gospel than she was. She's even had friendships broken because of her conversion (one person even said she now has satan inside of her!!), and it hasn't phased her!

We just need to find more people like her! I feel like once her brother comes out of his shell, he'll be the same way. And he's cracking!!


Also I got a coat today! It should work well. Haha it took me so long to decide on one because I hate not doing things right the first time haha. But it's a good one and it wasn't too much!

 

Funny story #1 of the week:


So President I wanted us to find like the highest point in the city and have a prayer there as a district? So eventually we found a pretty high block, got on the roof, and were saying a prayer. About halfway through the prayer, this lady comes out and starts yelling at us that we're on the roof haha. We were literally just standing up there praying, minding our own business haha.

Haha I've realized lately that one of my struggles is when I feel like people are being ridiculous for no reason, I have a really hard time being nice to the person/ conceding. Things like that had happened a couple of times before then, and I had just had enough. So I just walked away and stood in front of the elevator and held my breath and counted for a while while the other people dealt with the lady. Haha she literally was yelling at us, very angrily. I had had enough of that. But anyway, that was the result of our prayer attempt haha!

 

Funny story #2 of the week:


So we were walking to the church for something, when all of a sudden, Elder B flips out out of nowhere. He said it felt like there was some sort of really sharp rock in his shoe. He could barely walk on it without it hurting. But he took his shoe off, and found nothing in his shoe. No rock, no unwanted intrusion of any kind. So he realized it had to be in his shoe. We got to the church, and he was able to take his shoe and his sock off, and discovered the problem. A staple! There was a random stray staple in his sock, and it stabbed him in the foot! It actually got pretty deep!

 

So, yeah. Much love, stay sweet, don't do drugs, read your scriptures.

Love you all have a great week!!

 

-Elder DeGraw




No comments:

Post a Comment