Saturday, November 1, 2014

More stuffs


So hey y'all.

Well, this week, we went to Bucuresti for Zone Leader Conference, and then to Pitesti for exchanges. ZLC was cool, but it was really weird because only us and the Bucuresti ZLs were there, the rest of the ZLs called in through skype, and that led to some problems, plus giving presentations was really weird when we all were sitting down so the skypers could see us.

So I hope they just do it all in person next time. But it was cool and we got a lot of good instruction and a really good meal of food imported from Italy. So that was nice.

Then we met up with one of Elder B's good friends, a member from Buc, and had a little lesson with him. After that we went to Pitesti to have exchanges! I didn't really know either of the Elders in Pitesti, as they're both quite a bit younger in the mission than me, but after spending a little time with them, I really like both of them. So it was a pretty fun exchange.

Then we came back and just got back in the groove! English class was pretty fun, we played like a "game show" where we would write 2 sentences up on the board and they would have to tell us which one was correct. It was pretty fun.

Yesterday we also had a lesson with Vasile, who is the brother of Alex, one of my favorite people on this planet, and is just like him with the main difference being that he doesn't speak English. I seriously have met so many cool people in Ploiesti!

One thing I love about Romania is that there are so many cool people. Like, it may just be the fact that I'm a missionary, but I have had so many opportunities to meet and get to know super cool people. Vasile is one of them. Such a stud.


Then yesterday church was pretty cool because afterwards we had to wait for people for some reason, so I just got to hang out with the kids! One of them taught me Romanian rock paper scissors, which, believe it or not, is the exact same as English rock paper scissors, but in Romanian. I taught another one a little on the piano. Haha they are these two little girls in the branch that remind me so much of Katie and Sophie. Have I mentioned how many people out here remind me of my family? Because there are a lot.


Anyway, one of my favorite little funny stories I have now:

So after our lesson with Vasile, we're just waiting at the bus stop and we notice a group of people, all about late teens/early 20s. At one point they all very obviously come and sit/stand next to us. They keep saying things like "Wait dude you know english," "Come on get the courage!" "Do it!" etc. And we know the whole time what they're saying of course. But they assume that we don't know Romanian.

At one point, they came over and looked at my companion's tag "sneakily" and wrote his name down. Finally, Elder B just goes up to them and says "Hey! What are you guys doing with my name?!" In Romanian obviously. They were all so freaking surprised when they realized that we speak Romanian! They were flustered for a little bit, and then they just started explaining themselves a little bit.

At one point one of them, talking to one of the girls was just like "what's up with you?" "Oh nothing, I just fell in love is all." Then they asked her with who, and she points at me and goes "With him, obviously!" So that was kind of cool haha. And the guys were like "Don't tell them where you live, they'll break in!" So it was kind of a cool interaction haha. The guys were just total bros and the girls (who were not unattractive so it was kind of sad) were just in love with us haha.


So that was a thing.


All in all, a pretty good week!


One more time, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JACOB!!! Big shoutout I know I didn't mention it last week, but I didn't forget! Don't get too big before I get home!


I hope everybody has a great week!!


Love,

Elder DeGraw

 

Inline image 1 

From the left: Ilie, Elder B, Alex, Me, Vasile. Alex and Ilie just moved because they got good jobs out of the country and so we're really sad but happy for them. These three are some of the coolest guys I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment